ORIGINAL RECIPE BY WINELAND
Blood Red (Halloween
7# Lt. extract syrup
Original Gravity: 1.053
Secondary Gravity: 1.022 (10-6)
.75# crystal 90L
Final Gravity: 1.015
.5# crystal 60L
Approx. Alcohol: 6.3%
1 oz. (5.3%)cascade hops (aroma)
1 oz. (5.3%) cascade hopes (bittering)
1 # Lactose
1 tsp. Irish Moss
touch of grains of paradise
Nottingham dried yeast
*Optional: red food coloring
to give deeper red color.
- Steep grains for 20 min. in grain bag.
Remove from wort.
- Add 1 oz aroma hops in bag to wort
boil for 45 min.
- At 45 minute mark add 1oz. cascade, 1# lactose,
1 tsp. irish moss and grains of paradise (sparingly).
- Boil for 15 min.
- Remove wort from heat. Add malt extract.
Cool to around 70-75 degrees F. Pitch yeast.
- Store in cool place around 70 degrees. Take
O.G. reading. Let ferment 5-7 days.
- After 1 week, rack into
glass carboy. Let set for 7 days.
- Rack from glass carboy into bottling bucket. Take
F.G. reading. Mix with ¾ cup corn sugar for priming.
- Using clean, sanitized bottles; fill bottles and
cap. Let set for 14 days.
- After 14 days Enjoy!